HOW TO USE GOOGLE PAY
HOW TO LOG IN/SET UP
1. Download Google Pay
2. When you open the app you will be asked to put in your phone number.
3. Once you put your phone number in, you will then be asked to put your Gmail account information.
4. If you have your google account already set up, you can then click ‘accept and continue’ at the bottom of the screen.
5. If you do not, you can put your email and password and then click ‘accept’, ‘continue’ or ‘sign in’.
6. If you do not have a Google account (Gmail) you will have to create one.
7. Below are the steps to create a Google/Gmail account: You will need to input
a. First and last name then click next
b. Next your birth date and gender
c. Then you can pick a Gmail address or create your own, they will show you example email addresses you can choose from.
d. Then you have to make your password, this should have a number in it or multiple like 123 or 567.
8. Once you click ‘accept and continue’ or ‘next’, you will then be sent an OTP to your phone number.
9. You will be sent an SMS with a 6 digit code that you have to type in the app.
HOW TO CONNECT BANK ACCOUNT
1. Now that you are on the home page you have to add a bank account to proceed.
2. Click the picture at the top right, it will be a circle.
3. Then click ‘set up payment methods.
4. Then click the bank you use and add your details. Details might include Bank ID, phone number, and debit/pin.
5. Once you have set up your bank account it will ask you to create a UPI ID. This is a very important 4 digit number that you should not tell anyone and always remember. You will have to put this number every time you want to send money.
HOW TO SEND MONEY TO A CONTACT
1. Click ‘new payment’ at the bottom of the screen.
2. At the top of the screen you will see the search bar, the little bubble where it says ‘Search mobile number/people/ businesses’ there also is a magnifying glass at the left of it.
3. Click it with your finger - You can put the mobile number or contact name of the person you want to send money to.
4. If you see the person you are looking for click on their name.
5. Click ‘Pay’ at the bottom.
6. Enter how much money you want to send
7. Click pay.
8. Enter UPI number (the 4 digit code you created).